Historically, regional towns have been motivated to get better internet for residents and small business because the services available were very limited. More recently however, regions have started to set the goals higher – wanting to embrace the “Smart Community” concept, and get right on the front of the Technology curve.
Countrytell with our primary technology partner Cisco, helps regional Councils in achieving their ultimate outcome through a public/private partnership like construct, with little or no lock-in for councils.
In a nutshell:
- Countrytell purchases “backhaul” capacity from the region to the nearest capital city to pickup Internet access and inter-connectivity to the NBN and other carrier networks.
- Countrytell builds a fibre optic “core” network through the regions CBD, using Council ducts, third party or Countrytell built duct.
- Countrytell will build appropriate backhaul between the Intra-Capital backhaul and the community if required.
- Countrytell will use existing towers on “high sites” rented from Council, Water authorities, Commercial entities etc – or construct a new tower if needed.
- Countrytell will deploy wireless access points to facilitate both paid and public Wi-Fi services.
Our experience and portfolio of success is growing. Talk to us about how we can help.